Decoding the Code
An online program on ethics in the Catholic health and aged care sectors to enable professional development and staff formation in the; Code of Ethical Standards for Catholic Health and Aged Care Services in Australia (2001). The course is jointly operated by Catholic Health Australia and BBI- The Australian Institute of Theological Education.
What you will learn
- Competence in identifying effective processes for resolving ethical problems;
- Competence in applying the CHA Code of Ethical Standards;
- A deeper appreciation of the Catholic ethical vision and its core principles;
- An understanding of the nature of ethics and ethical problems;
- An ability to analyse and respond to specific cases especially those common in Catholic health and ages care;
- Access to resources to assist in addressing ongoing ethical challenges.
The program commences March 24, 2021
Online registration www.bbi.catholic.edu.au/Ethics
Giving witness to the healing ministry of Jesus lies at the heart of the mission of Catholic health and aged care. The vision guiding our services is based on the Gospel – to be a sign of the compassion of God reaching into every human experience and especially the experience of vulnerability and suffering.
Catholic Health Australia strives to support and strengthen member services as they ensure the healing ministry flourishes. A range of resources are available that promote Catholic identity, support formation of leaders, facilitate communication about our mission and lead to services that express our vision.
Resources can be accessed under the following categories:
- Pastoral Care
- Reflection Resources
- Shared Purpose Statement
- Mission Discernment Framework
- Leader Formation Taskforce/Pathways
Catholic Health Australia will also launch a series of discussion forums and venues for sharing resources in the coming months. They will focus on ethics, mission and pastoral care.