CHA has provided a submission to the Productivity Commission in response to its draft Report Caring for Older Australians, which was released in January 2011 for public consultation. In its response, CHA notes that the Commission's draft recommendations embrace the reform directions put in CHA's submissions to the Inquiry, which called for fundamental reform of aged care in order to secure its sustainability and improve its responsiveness to individual consumer needs. CHA's response, however, also canvases a number of aspects of some proposals which, if addressed , would strengthen the overall reform package. Also attached is a supplementary submission made following CHA's appearance at the Commission's public hearings in April 2011 at which CHA was invited to provide specific comment on a number of issues.
- Download Supplementary submission in response to draft PC Report Caring for Older Australians - April 2011
- Download CHA's response to the PC's draft Report Caring for Older Australians (March 2011)
- Download attachment (Transition Arrangements) to CHA's response to PC's draft report (March 2011)
- Download CHA' Supplementary submission to PC Inquiry Caring for Older Australians (July 2010)
- Download CHA's initial submission to PC Inquiry Caring for Older Australians (April 2010)